The weatherXchange® Platform facilitates the Broker-Advisor community in two ways:
- weatherXchange introduces new Hedgers to Broker-Advisors. When a Hedger has reached an initial possible hedge structure they may seek further advice. They can do this by contacting you, the Broker-Advisor. You will then be able to contact them directly and if necessary discuss their request. It is possible to upload the Hedger's structure on to your account on weatherXchange to facilitate easy discussion. Any charges for your services are discussed between you and the Hedger in the normal way.
- weatherXchange® facilitates efficient servicing of client requests. weatherXchange provides access to fundamental tools (data, structuring, and pricing) for working in this market. With access to instantaneous indicative pricing, you are now able to service their clients with speed and efficiency never before available in this market.
There is no charge for the client introduction or your use of the weatherXchange® Platform as a tool for structuring and obtaining pricing, however, it is necessary that Broker-Advisors have the appropriate weather data licences. Please contact us for more information.
Execution-Only Brokers are brokers using the weatherXchange platform to service their existing index based weather risk business. The advantages of using weatherXchange in your business include:
- Access to weather data for the purpose of structuring (access to underlying weather data is not included)
- Ability to use weatherXchange structuring tools to quickly test multiple hedge types for your clients
- Ability to send RFPs to your existing Protection Seller relationships at a press of a button
- Access to indicative pricing, subject to Permissioning from respective Protection Sellers
Please contact us for more information.